OnlineCare Canada is committed to providing personal and secure services. We respect your need for non-judgmental, caring and helpful support at this time. Your information will be held in strict confidence.
We assure your confidentiality in several ways:
- OnlineCare uses a proven web-based service safeguarding your communications in a secure system.
- There are no identifying details requested of you to use this service.
- Client information will not be discussed with third parties exterior to the organization, except by permission of the client.
- The security of your information is important to us. We recognize that no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private and closing your web browser when finished using the OnlineCare website on a shared or unsecured device.
- Your information will not be shared outside the organization, except if you were suicidal or homicidal; or under age and being abused.
- If a client story is used for training or publicity purposes, any identifying client features or details will be removed.
- All of our peer counsellors have signed a confidentiality commitment contract.