Do I Need After Abortion Support?
You may be asking yourself if support after an abortion is needed at this time.
If experiencing some distress has led you to this question, then take a look below. These are stress indicators that women and men may experience after abortion.
- Feeling compelled to conceal an abortion
- Experiencing prolonged depression
- Having disturbing thoughts about babies and abortion
- Experiencing guilt and shame
- Finding it difficult to forgive yourself or others
- Believing you are unworthy
- Avoiding relationships or struggling with intimacy
- Having thoughts of suicide
- Reacting physically and emotionally when abortion is mentioned
- Experiencing anxiety over fertility or childbearing issues
- Engaging in self-destructive behaviour
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Feeling emotionally “numb”
- Experiencing flashbacks of the abortion procedure
- Preoccupied with becoming pregnant again
- Reflecting on the abortion on the anniversary date
- Tracing life back to “before” and “after” the abortion
You are not alone in asking if you need help. There is healing and hope available.