You have had a positive pregnancy test. You may have already had a doctor confirm that you are pregnant. If this is an unplanned or problem pregnancy you may be asking yourself many questions at this time.
- Am I prepared to be a parent?
- What will others think of me being pregnant?
- Am I considering a decision others in my life may not support?
- Will I lose my job or career or educational goals?
- Will I have enough money to get through this?
- Is adoption really a loving option?
- What about abortion?
- Who are the people that need to be involved in this decision?
- What kind of information and support do I need?
Such questions are common and helpful as you seek assistance and resources in order to make an informed decision.
If you are pregnant, you have primarily three options:
Whichever option you do choose has to be the one you have decided – and based upon accurate information on all your options, and without pressure by others.
During this time of decision-making, you may wish to more fully consider your personal circumstances, feelings, needs, goals, strengths, values and beliefs in light of your choices.
Connecting with an online peer counsellor may be of help as you explore your options.