A question many women and men ask is whether or not they need post abortion support.
You may be experiencing post abortion stress if you are...
- Feeling compelled to conceal an abortion
- Experiencing prolonged depression
- Having intrusive, disturbing thoughts about babies and abortion
- Experiencing lingering guilt and shame
- Finding it difficult to forgive yourself or others
- Believing you are unworthy
- Avoiding relationships or struggling with intimacy
- Having thoughts of suicide
- Reacting physically and emotionally when abortion is mentioned
- Experiencing anxiety over fertility or childbearing issues
- Engaging in self-destructive behaviour
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Emotional "numbing"
- Experiencing flashbacks of the abortion procedure
- Preoccupied with becoming pregnant again
- Reflecting on the abortion on the anniversary date
- Tracing life back to "before" and "after" the abortion
If you or someone you know is experiencing post abortion grief, healing and help is available.
Please connect with one of our online peer counsellors to find confidential support.